Superseding the ever-popular DF115A and DF140A outboard motors, the new “B” series feature a host of updates, many of which are shared with the highly acclaimed DF115BG, and DF140BG Suzuki Precision Control (SPC) drive-by-wire outboard motors released in 2021, albeit in mechanically driven form.
INCREASED COMPRESSION RATIO
The compression ratio has been increased from 9.7:1 to 10.6:1 to achieve greater top speed and acceleration produced by the 2.0-litre displacement inline four-cylinder engines. Lean Burn fuel efficiency has also been significantly improved compared to the outgoing “A” series models. Tests have demonstrated as much as 10% improvement across mid-range to high-end cruising speeds.
- Improved combustion results in greater fuel efficiency compared with “A” series models.
- 10.6:1 Compression Ratio contributes to improved engine torque.
Specially designed to be easy for owners to perform maintenance tasks.
Easy access oil filter:
- Can be replaced simply by removing the top cover.
Oil Spill Catcher:
- A tray is added around the oil filter to catch oil which comes out when exchanging the oil filter
Oil Level Gauge:
- Able to use Φ15 oil changer hose
NEWLY DESIGNED AIR INTAKE SYSTEM
The air intake structure was reviewed and improved.
- Delivers higher power output.
- Increased ability to remove water from air taken into cowl.
- Decrease in the air intake temperature.
Integrates the ignition coils into the spark plug caps.
- Reduces the number of parts and simplifies the wiring system.
- Removing the high tension cord enables the ignition to generate spark efficiently which leads to the improvement of combustion efficiency.
WATER DETECTING SYSTEM
- It helps to protect the engine from water in the fuel.
- Using bigger fuel filter than the DF140A/115A.
- Optimised Fuel Filter position.
- Can avoid water in fuel.
- Increased Durability & Reliability.
- Easy replacement of fuel filter.
MORE FEATURES TO CONTRIBUTE TO DURABILITY
Large capacity Fuel Pump:
- Capable to rig on various kinds of boats
Optimized O₂ Sensor mounting position:
- Increased Durability
Using Zinc-containing Rustproof Coating bolt:
- Increased Durability
LEAN BURN CONTROL SYSTEM
The Lean Burn Control System supplies the optimal amount of fuel and air mixture depending on the navigation conditions.
- Significant improvement in fuel economy in all speed ranges especially at cruising speed.
- Fuel is saved and petrol costs are greatly reduced thanks to the improved fuel economy.
OFFSET DRIVE SHAFT
The engine powerhead is positioned closer to the front, moving the outboard’s centre of gravity forward.
- Less vibration.
- More compact.
- Stable steering performance.
2-STAGE GEAR REDUCTION
This system which incorporates the Offset Driveshaft features a first stage reduction between the crankshaft and drive shaft, and a second stage reduction inside the gear case.
- High Torque even with big loads.
- Powerful enough to rotate a larger propeller
Intake noise is suppressed with a resonator, resulting in quieter noise output.
- Less noise, making boating more enjoyable.
INCREASED ALTERNATOR OUTPUT
Newly designed ventilation which improves cooling around the coils.
- 3Amp higher alternator output at idle speed range that is roughly equivalent to the necessary output required to operate the SMD12/SMD16 displays.
IMPROVED GEAR CASE
By optimising the gear oil passage, the spinning pinion gear generates negative pressure and it helps gear oil circulation.
- It lowers gear oil temperature and contributes to the increased durability of pinion gear
|Recommended Transom Height
|L: 508mm, X: 635mm
|L: 188kg, X: 192kg
|RON91 / AKI87
|2.59 : 1 (Two-stage gear reduction)
|Through Prop Hub Exhaust
|Fuel Delivery System
|Electronic Fuel Injection
|Bore X Stroke
|86 x 88mm
|Full Throttle Operating Range
|5,000 – 6,000rpm
|Oil Pan Capacity
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)
|Power Trim and Tilt
|Propeller Selection (Pitch)
|15” – 25” (R/R), 17” – 23” (C/R)